Protect Your Smile With Dental Cleanings And Exams In Ruston
Even if you brush and floss every single day, you still need to visit a Ruston, LA dentist at least every six months. Our office uses specific dental cleanings tools to remove tartar – hardened plaque – that you can’t take care of at home. And when it’s time to check for dental problems, you need the expert eye of Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S.. His expertise combined with our state-of-the-art technology are ideal for stopping plaque in its tracks!Dr. Stuckey on a new patient's first appointment Read Transcript
When a new patient comes to see us for the first time, we try to make them feel as comfortable as possible, right away. Things that they can expect on the first visit: We do a thorough oral cancer exam. We do a thorough periodontal screening. What that is, is the tooth has a pocket between the tooth and the gums. We measure that, record that in the computer, make sure that there's no problems. The patient would next have X-rays taken, and from the X-rays, we would diagnose any decay or any problems that they may have. We'd customize a treatment plan for them, and get them reappointed to have the necessary work completed.
When you see us for your dental cleanings and exams, you’ll enjoy a lot of advantages:
- Advanced services like digital X-rays and intraoral cameras to locate hidden plaque, cracks, and signs of potential damage long before you feel any pain
- A thorough polish to make your teeth shiny, which looks great and is hard for bacteria to hold onto
- Screenings for oral cancer by Dr. Patrick Stuckey, who can detect symptoms before you notice anything
- Preventive treatments like sealants and fluoride to guard your teeth against bacteria and the enamel-eroding acid they produce
- Gum disease assessment and nonsurgical gum treatment
Call our Ruston, LA office today at 318-225-8029 to schedule your next exam and cleaning.
See How Technology & Our Expertise Can Give You A Comfortable Cleaning
When it comes to your oral health, we value prevention above all else. After all, like our Founding Father Benjamin Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Preventive dentistry is in your best interest, so we make it a priority!
That’s why we use new dental cleaning procedures like a Piezo Ultrasonic Scaler and the VoiceWorks voice-activated system. These devices allow us to give you a more thorough, more comfortable, less invasive cleaning. But that’s not the only benefit they offer. You’ll also enjoy:
- A shorter, more comfortable cleaning experience
- Quieter tools, which can reduce dental anxiety
- No risk of cross-contamination from using a keyboard or mouse to enter your information in our computer – it’s all voice activated
- A report of risk factors specific to your medical history
- Confidence that you’re getting the best care possible
The tools we use are multipurpose, which means you can take advantage of their comfort and quality for several of your general dentistry needs.
Call our Ruston, LA office today at 318-225-8029 to schedule your next dental cleanings and exam with the top-notch team at Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S.