Invisalign: An Inconspicuous Way To Straighten Teeth In Ruston, LA
Technology has changed everything, from how we drive cars to how we take photos. Straightening teeth is no different. You can still get metal braces, which have been used for centuries, but Invisalign is a newer orthodontics option that uses sophisticated 3D imaging and clear plastic aligners instead of metal wires.Dr. Stuckey on Invisalign Read Transcript
Invisalign is a set of clear aligners that the patient wears. It helps to correct different problems that they may have in their smile. Whether it's crowding or extra space, it's a great option for someone who's in the workforce who doesn't want to have braces or metal showing in their smile.
They can take the trays in and out. They can eat. They can brush. They can floss. They can place them back in. It's just a much more enjoyable experience for the patient overall.
Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. maps out your entire treatment plan in advance – and can even show you what your straighter smile will look like if you follow the plan. Invisalign aligners are:
- Comfortable. With no wires or metal to rub against your mouth, Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than braces for most people.
- Convenient. You can take out your aligners for a big work presentation, a first date, or any meal.
- Discreet. The clear plastic aligners blend in so well with your smile that most people probably won’t even know you’re wearing them.
- Easy to clean. Because you remove your aligners when you eat, it’s simple to keep both them and your teeth clean. No more getting food caught in braces!
In addition, the typical treatment time for adults with Invisalign aligners is 12 months; that’s months shorter than the usual time frame for metal braces. Not only that, but you won’t need to visit our Ruston, LA Invisalign dentist for as many adjustments during your treatment.
To find out if Invisalign braces are right for you, call Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. in Ruston, LA office at 318-225-8029.
Technology Drives Your Invisalign Braces Treatment
So, how does Invisalign work?
- First, Dr. Stuckey creates your treatment plan using 3D software, mapping out what it will look like from start to finish.
- His specifications are sent to a special lab, which uses them to create a series of Invisalign aligners for you.
- You wear each clear plastic aligner for about two weeks before moving to the next one in the series. Controlled force gently shifts your teeth into place. For the treatment to work as planned, you’ll need to wear your aligners at least 20 hours a day.
During treatment, you’ll check in every four to six weeks so Dr. Stuckey can make sure your progress is on target. Unlike braces, you won’t need any uncomfortable adjustments!
After your treatment is complete, you may be interested in further beautifying your smile with some of our other cosmetic dental treatments like teeth whitening, tooth bonding, or dental veneers.
Invisalign Treatment Isn’t For Everyone
Though Invisalign works well for many smiles, Dr. Stuckey won’t recommend it for younger patients who don’t yet have all their permanent teeth or whose jaws are still growing. In addition, more traditional orthodontic treatment may work better if you have a severely misaligned bite. It also may not be possible to wear aligners if you have a fixed dental bridge.
The best way to determine if Invisalign is the right choice for your smile is through a consultation with Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S.. To schedule yours, call 318-225-8029.