Get A Dental Crown In A Single Day In Ruston, LA
It’s tough to speed up some procedures. We take our time with dental cleanings in our Ruston, LA dentist office, for example, so we can remove all the cavity-causing plaque and tartar from your teeth. But thanks to advanced CAD/CAM technology, Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. has reduced the time needed to get dental crowns from weeks to just a single day!Dr. Stuckey on crowns and bridges Read Transcript
When a patient has a tooth that is broken down too much to have a conventional filling, there's not enough tooth structure remaining, their option is to place a crown on the tooth. And the crown can be a full porcelain crown that mimics their tooth structure, and looks exactly like what they had before. We have CAD/CAM technology, and we can save the patient a lot of time because we can do everything all in one visit.
We prep the tooth, we take a laser image, we design it on a laptop right there in front of them. We send it to a mill within the office, and then once it's completed milling, we bring it back to the patient. We cement it permanently in, and they're on their way.
When the patient is missing a tooth, we can replace it with a bridge, and what a bridge is, we attach it to the two teeth on either side of the space and cement it permanently in there so that there's nothing loose in the mouth. There's nothing to take in and out. It's bounded permanently to the tooth.
With our Planmeca PlanScan system, getting a crown is:
- Convenient. Many dentists take impressions of your teeth and order a crown from an off-site lab, which can take weeks to produce it. You’ll also need to wear a temporary crown while you wait. With PlanScan, Dr. Stuckey designs and produces your crown in our office, so you walk out wearing your new crown the same day!
- Comfortable. PlanScan takes digital impressions of your teeth, so the process is quicker, easier, and more comfortable than getting a tray of messy molding material in your mouth.
- Precise. Because Dr. Stuckey makes your same-day crown on-site, he can easily make any needed changes in the crown’s appearance or fit. You won’t have to worry about back-and-forth communication with a lab, which makes the process even longer.
Dr. Stuckey can also replace a missing tooth or teeth with a dental bridge. Both dental crowns and dental bridges can be used with dental implants. To find out more about these dental restorations, call 318-255-8648.
Repair All Kinds Of Dental Damage With Same-Day Crowns
Because they cover your entire tooth, same-day dental crowns can repair many kinds of damage, including cracked or broken teeth, stained teeth, misshapen teeth, or severe decay. In addition to concealing these problems, a crown will protect your tooth from further damage. We use either porcelain or zirconia, materials prized for their strength and natural appearance, to make your crown.
If have a cavity that’s too large for a filling but not large enough for a crown, Dr. Stuckey can use a porcelain inlay or onlay that is just the right size to repair it.
To replace missing teeth, Dr. Stuckey makes a dental bridge by placing two crowns on either side of lost teeth and “bridging” the gap with a natural-looking replacement tooth. The bridge stays in place, so you won’t have to remove it for cleaning.
Assess Your Dental Damage With Patient-Friendly Technology
To assess the extent of your dental damage and determine which restorative dentistry solution will work best for your smile, Dr. Stuckey uses patient-friendly technology, including:
- Digital X-rays. These images are faster than traditional X-rays because we don’t need to wait for film to develop. Plus, Dr. Stuckey can easily enlarge or sharpen the images if he needs a better view. Not only that, but digital X-rays emit less radiation than traditional X-rays.
- Intraoral camera. This handheld camera gives Dr. Stuckey a good view of even the hidden corners of your mouth, with a minimum of poking and prodding. It allows him to share images with you so you he can show you any problems that need to be addressed.
To talk to Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. about dental crowns and dental bridges, call our Ruston, LA office at 318-255-8648.