Get a Good Night’s Rest In Ruston, LA With Sleep Apnea Treatment
If you routinely wake up feeling as tired as when you went to bed, sleep apnea treatment from Ruston, LA dentist Dr. Patrick Stuckey can help you get a better night’s rest. Sleep apnea sufferers experience frequent pauses in breathing during the night when their airway becomes partially closed.Dr. Stuckey on sleep apnea treatment Read Transcript
We do treat sleep apnea patients and of course, the CPAP machine is the gold standard, but not everyone can comply with that. They can't take the constriction of the mask at night. We offer a mouthpiece that advances the jaw forward and opens up the throat, and allows them to breathe comfortably and stop snoring as they sleep. When you can take a patient and reduce their snoring, their spouses love it.
Dr. Stuckey can fit you for a custom oral appliance that will:
- Gently shift your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open
- Help you get a good night’s rest – along with any members of your household affected by your loud snoring and restless sleep
- Eliminate sleep apnea symptoms such as dry mouth, headaches, and chronic sore throat
- Help keep you more alert during the day so you can function better
- Lower the chances you’ll experience related health conditions like high blood pressure
If you’re not sleeping well at night, call 318-225-8029 for a sleep apnea consultation. Your treatment may even be covered in part by your insurance! We’ll work with you to find out.
You May Prefer An Oral Appliance To A CPAP Machine
Dr. Stuckey can work with you and your physician to schedule a sleep apnea test. If you do have apnea, the two most common solutions are an oral appliance or a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. Both help keep your airway open while you sleep.
Compared to a CPAP, most people find a sleep apnea mouthpiece:
- More comfortable, because it doesn’t cover your nose and face
- Easier to transport, because it’s small enough to fit into a pocket or a purse
- Less restrictive, because there’s no tubing to get in the way
- Simpler to use, because you don’t need an electrical outlet or a battery
Dr. Stuckey can also make custom mouthguards to help with other dental problems such as teeth grinding.
What Are Sleep Apnea Symptoms?
How do you know if you have sleep apnea? You should speak with Dr. Stuckey if you have these common sleep apnea symptoms:
- Chronic loud snoring
- Gasping for breath while sleeping
- Frequent fatigue
If you’re ready to enjoy more restful sleep, call Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. at 318-225-8029 to find out more about sleep apnea treatment. You can also use our online form. Our Ruston, LA dentist office is located near Ruston City Hall.