Relax With Dental Sedation In Ruston, LA
Many of our patients put our relaxed atmosphere on their list of reasons they appreciate our Ruston, LA dentist office. Still, Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. knows it can be tough for some folks to relax at the dentist, whether they’re anxious about a big procedure or just a bit uneasy every time they walk through the door. If that describes you, dental sedation options may be the answer.Dr. Stuckey on helping patients with dental anxiety Read Transcript
Our anxious patients, we offer nitrous oxide, and what that is, we place a nosepiece on the patient and they inhale gas. It relaxes them, calms them down, makes the appointment more pleasurable for them, and the beauty of it is, is once we're finished, once we take the nitrous off, it's gone and they can drive home. They don't need anybody to come with them.
With sedation dentistry, you can:
- Overcome your anxiety so you can get the dental treatment you need
- Get multiple procedures in a single appointment
- Respond more easily to local anesthesia
- Relieve physical barriers to care, such as a sensitive gag reflex or difficulty keeping your mouth open for extended periods
At Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S., we use inhaled sedation, a sedative so safe we can even use it on children. For more information, call 318-255-8648.
Sedation Relaxes You
Relaxing gas is our choice for sedation dentistry because it offers so many advantages:
- It takes effect quickly. You’ll feel calm and enjoy a light euphoria almost immediately.
- It’s noninvasive. You receive it through a small mask that fits comfortably over your nose.
- It’s easy to regulate. We can easily give you more or less during your treatment.
- You feel like yourself right away after your procedure. You won’t feel groggy, and you’ll even be able to drive yourself home.
Caring Staff And Patient-Friendly Technology Calm You, Too
Dr. Stuckey has been practicing dentistry for nearly 20 years, so he’s had plenty of practice in soothing nerves. He also uses technology that keeps your care quick and comfortable. Digital X-rays provide fast and accurate images, for example, using a fraction of the radiation of traditional X-rays. And you won’t need to put uncomfortable film in your mouth.
To take advantage of dental sedation at your next appointment, call Patrick Stuckey, D.D.S. at 318-255-8648. Our Ruston, LA dentist office is located at 303 West Alabama Avenue, minutes from Ruston City Hall.